Friday, September 5, 2008

Coming out and gay tv kisses

So today I thought that I would bring you all a blog that I came across last night. The author shares her point of view on how gay kisses between characters on national television effect America. I am not entirely sure I agree with her when she says that kissing between two men doesn't even bat eyelashes anymore. I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but when I see two men kissing on prime time television I jump for joy and giggle like a little school girl haha. Here is the link to the blog itself:

Blog

And here are some video clips from the Dawson's Creek finale where you see Jack kissing his lover. They did such a great job I think showing all the emotion that is behind these kisses and such.







Here is the video when Jack comes out to everyone including his father who has a hard time accepting him for who he is. I can relate to how Jack came out at school because I did the same thing through an essay that I wrote my freshman year. It was the scariest thing that I have ever done, but it was the best thing that I ever did during my entire highschool career.



Mind you my English teacher was an amazing and supportive woman unlike this teacher you see above

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aha I'm being such a creep and reading your blog. anyway, on the topic of this post I thought you might like this article... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/11/20/ST2008112002048.html we've had to deal with this a little for our comp show this year, angels in america... it's been interesting. nothing ouright, though. just grumblings and hoots during the gay kiss parts in the show.